The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Isolation

Heather, Dad and I were going to a deserted, woodsy cabin in the middle of nowhere--it was either a polar region or a rainforest, Amazon-type area.
Heather and Dad were already there. I came on a boat, but there had been a flood. There was a paved road that lead to the cabin and I reached it just as the floodwaters rose up entirely around me, soaking me and covering the road. If I had been in a car I would never have made it.

I walked the short distance to the cabin. There was a very deep pond or lake out in front, and three different breeds of dogs were swimming there underwater, as if they were amphibious or something.

Once in the cabin, I pointed out to Dad that there was a mountain lion across the pond, out in front. And I was no liar.

... ...

Then Russ and I were packing our snowboard packs, like he was there with us and he and I were going to leave the house.
We talked about how it would be okay if we brought our packs, because if worst came to worst, we could just let them float off in the flood while we were climbing on floating sheets of ice. The ground underneath us was rippling and breaking like we were in the middle of an earthquake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this sounds very apocalypto and not in the movie sense. i like the swimming dogs (three breeds) very cool.