The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Sunday, October 01, 2006

CSUS party

There was a massive party, almost like it was Halloween and it was 1930. The party was at Sac State. Dad, Heather, Mikie, Joey, Amy, Jarom, Bella and I were all there. We went inside one of the buildings; there was a nice lounge and a white stairway. There were white leather sofas and the lights were dimmed, and so things were only lit by the colorful sparkles of light that came from devices that spun to the music.

I saw my friend Thad from high school. I hadn't seen him in years, almost ten. I called him Thaddeus Winston Andrews, esquire, the III. That's what our junior high school principal, Mr. Momberg, called him during 8th grade graduation rehearsal, and I've never forgotten that. We went outside.

He asked me if I wanted a chile tequila. He had one and he threw it at the side of a car and it seemed to explode. I took one from him, held it and asked him what was in it.

I never drank it, ended up leaving it set inside on a balcony somewhere, with the chile oil separated and lifting to the top.

I realized I had been separated from the rest of my group.

Outside there was a street that looked ancient. I watched as a nice car comes down the street, rams into the back of a second car that was parallel parked. They were engaged in some sort of gangster war or something, They took some items out of the back of the rammed car's trunk, right in front of a shop on the street that an Asian man owned.

I went and got a a second chile tequila which I never drank.

Jarom was standing on the sidewalk, looking clueless and holding the hand of a bearded man who was also holding the hand of his own child. I came up to them and asked the man if he had helped Jarom. He looked like he didn't know what I was talking about, said no.

I went inside to find the others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i dig the chile tequilas, and the thad stuff. dreams are so wonderfully random. well that is an obvious statement, but sometimes you just gotta appreciate it. i like how jarom is standing holding hands with the bearded man...searching for a father figure while you're off partying. scoudrel.