The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Brand new Brand New

I'm such a geek. Today--the day the brand new Brand New comes out--I'm wearing one of their shirts, the 2005 street-team only shirt. Yes, I'm that cool. The Devil and God are Raging Inside of Me. I'm pretty excited to leave work here soon and go get it. Too bad the only good place to get a newly-released cd on sale is Best Buy. I miss Dimple. Maybe I should go this week, when I'm in town.

Today I didn't have class at 7 or 8 am. So you'd think I'd be able to get to my 9 o'clock on time. Nope--got there about 22 minutes late. Ah, who cares--I knew it was pretty much a throwaway day.

When I got to work I checked out the inside of the car next to me. There was a nice book inside: Should We Stay Together?, by a guy with a Ph. D. That was fun. Then the car right in front of turns on. Yep, just starts right up, there in front of me. Some girl had remote-started it and was walking up to it. Remote-start. Ingenious.

--- ---

Okay so I had written all that on November 21st and then never posted it. So here's my follow-up.

I went to Best Buy that night, but they were completely out of that cd: every endcap, even the Brand New section. Yep--all gone. Guess they've ridden the college-scene hype-train. (I'm kind of an elitist prick, but I try to hide it with logic and understanding.) So I was quite pissed, but I was already late getting home and looking for any excuse to find another place to go so I could get the cd. Borders? Possibly the only other place I knew of, because Big Daddy never has anything new.

I go home anyway--didn't want to drive all the way over to Borders. Luckily, I forgot that I needed to go get a digital voice recorder before leaving to California--which was the next day. So around 8:30 I leave anyway to go back to Best Buy. And this time I took a nice little shortcut to Borders beforehand and got myself the cd I wanted a cool waterproof, tearproof map of San Francisco. Because I have to do some research, you know. (Note: I never did that research. Not on that last trip, at least. It'll have to wait until Christmas break.)

The digital voice recorder is awesome. I've got notes, ideas, songs or words from the kids, the musician stories I wanted (18 or so in total so far, I think), etc. Great stuff. Expensive though, but useful all the same.

Audio: The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me | Brand New
Video: The Fountain | [Danny Aronofsky|2006]
Text: Where Angels Fear To Tread | E.M. Forster

My word of the day:
mondegreen : the mishearing (usually accidental) of a phrase in such a way that it acquires a new meaning

No comments: