The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Sunday, May 08, 2005

Love, from Bella [Mother's Day 2005]

There is only one person I want when I need comfort
or when I need love or a pillow or attention
well, I'm sorry that no one else can measure up
it's just that I am most at home in your arms

and your smell and your smile are like heaven to me
there isn't anywhere else I would rather be
your touch is like silk and your laugh like a symphony
and the green in your eyes sends me swimming in a sugar sea

I want to be like you; I want to be a part of you
when I sleep on your shoulder I float in the clouds
I'm tiny and I need all your affection and time
and you've always given it, so I know that you're mine

there's not much that I know in this strange new world
but I know that I fit perfectly between your shoulders to hold
I've come to the right place
and everything feels the way it should be
I'll always belong with my head on your heart
my happiness lies with you
so don't ever put me down, don't ever leave
I will always be with you, always beside you

I love you.

No comments: