The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The hypocrite

I hate this world. But I like to fill up with gasoline. And I love to curse the truckers that bring it to me - along with my groceries and clothing and 'necessities'. They always cut me off and don't pay attention to smaller cars. And those big trucks pollute the air with their black smoke. It disgusts me.

I hate capitalism. I won't give my money to Wal-Mart, but I'll gladly give it to Coors and Marlboro.

I hate suburban sprawl. I want to live in the woods. But wait, I want to be close to the city. I want the Suburbanites to wake up at 7:00 and go to work so I can have security and reliance. If the power or phone or cable goes out, I am angry. I want it fixed immediately. I want my insurance coverage - with the smallest deductible. But I hate brokers. I want to deposit my earnings in a bank. I love an honest day's wage. But I hate bankers. That's just not for me.

I hate big business, but why doesn't my cell phone work in my house?

I hate the automotive industry; I hate fossil fuels. But I love traveling and road trips.

I hate publishers and record labels. But I love authors, books, music and creativity.

I hate the government interfering in my business. But I want to be safe and secure. I hate the wait at airports. But I want my plane to land safely. I hate having to get my car smogged, but I love the glorious inhalation of clean air.

I hate Hollywood. But I love documentaries. I hate big budget films, but I like a good story to be told - but only when told by an indie.

I hate department stores, but I love convenience.

I hate celebrities. But I love to read People. I hate how celebrities are all fit and thin. That's not the natural human. But I am getting fat. I am starting a new diet next week, with low carbs. So this week I will indulge myself.

I hate disrespect for animals and for nature. But I'm hungry. Where's the nearest fast-food stop? I'll be a vegetarian tomorrow. I'll be a vegetarian but I'll still eat fish and fowl.

I hate people who are close-minded. I hate many people who work for the government. I hate people who can't break from tradition, and those who are duplicates of their parents. But I stand for equality. I stand for love and respect for all people.

I hate that I am a part of this world, but I don't want to die.

[This is written from a hypothetical point of view. It is not necessarily how I truly feel. The thing is, I feel that so many of us, myself included, are hypocrites. We complain and lambast that which we feel is incorrect or wrong, while half the time taking advantage of a situation or cause that that very same thing has furthered. I would like to lose my own hypocrisies, but it appears that for now it is a sad human reality of mine. I will just have to do the best I can.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is an amazing statement. It blew me away. It puts into words what many of us don't wish to think.