The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Sunday, October 07, 2007

My new motto

Let me just display this pretty amazing quote from one Millard Kaufman, who, if you're a McSweeney's enthusiast, you've already met in one form or another.

quoted . . .Years ago, I was working in Italy, and Charlie Chaplin and his family came from Switzerland. We were at a beach north of Rome, and it was a very foggy day and the beach was lousy. At about three o'clock it cleared up, and Chaplin said, "I'm going back to the hotel. Unless I write every day, I don’t feel I deserve my dinner."[-->]. . . quoted

I just think that line from Charlie Chaplin is amazing. "If I don't write every day, I don't feel I deserve my dinner." I think that's my new mantra. No kidding.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hey Mattie, I've always had a lifelong admiration and love for Charlie Chaplin. He was an amazing human being, I know he wasn't perfect in his early relationships before he ended up with Oona O'Neill (daughter of Eugene, the playwright) but what an incredible gifted person he was. I absolutely love your poems and writings. Someday I hope to have internet of my own and I will be on your sites constantly. Love you, Mom