The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Sunday, July 05, 2009

today

Today I explored. I stood on top of this small hill over Soldier's Pass in the southeast Lake Mountains. Here's what I saw:

soldier's pass, southeast lake mountains

It was really beautiful out there. My complaints: too much trash--people seem not to care about the west desert; it's simply dumped anywhere they can let it go. Also, too many shooting relics: shotgun shells, bullet shells, broken and unbroken clay pigeons. The land is still beautiful. Let us try to keep it that way.

Here's where I witnessed it:

View 2009.07.05 rockhounding, exploring in a larger map

other things I saw today:

graffiti train, spanish fork, utah
the graffiti train

open house
a house for sale

west mountain
West Mountain lookin good

the wasatch from the west side of utah lake
the Wasatch front from the west side of Utah Lake

7 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

gorgeous panoramas mattie! i love the house for sale...let's move on in! anyway sad about the trash and remnants of violence. so weird that people like to go out into the beautiful serene desert just to shoot at stuff. it almost makes me laugh. almost. anyway beautiful photos, you're turning into a real pro.

Amy Beatty said...

pretty honey. Like to see what you did while I saw gone!

FAPORT International said...

Very nice scenes!!! awesome pictures, i like it:)

Reluctant Conquistador said...

Sorry I missed out. Any arrowheads or cool rocks?

mattbeatty said...

It was fun, but you didn't miss out on much. I actually missed a couple of sites, and probably looked in the wrong area for the arrowheads. I'll be back.

GunthërBrown said...

Matt, this is amazing. I want to learn your skills someday. And what a clear sky! It means despite the bullet shells there is hope for the earth. Keep up the amazingness.

mattbeatty said...

Thanks Art, the sky definitely was beautiful. There is hope for the earth!