The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Friday, June 03, 2005

We've built our own sun

the detergent burns with each of my breaths
and the bars on the windows keep insiders out
but i've grown thin enough to slip through the cracks
with a cape of homemade fabric at my back
just a touch of color in this luxury shack

past the plastic patio furniture
and the fancy couch we could hardly afford
i'll make my way on these crumbling sidewalks
as the gaps pick my pockets and the night picks my locks
i'll walk and walk - like a moth to the sun

i'll emerge from the other side unscathed i fear
darling, pass me a pen my dear
i'll record every word to forget what i've heard this year
each and every year it's the same

and i'm tired of this game
so bring on the rain
cause i've built my own sun

bring on the rain
i've built my own sun

No comments: