The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Our rounds about this town

We watched lightning storms and our children be born
and the way that the wind waved the trees.
We stood outside the theatre, some days I would meet her
just to fashion our own history.

We ran 'cross the sand with our passions and plans
just to pass the afternoon in our arms.
With our shadows stretching longer, the earth we swore we'd wander
til we fell from the tops of the palms.

Years around the towns, sun-up and sun-down,
seasons pass and lives whirl away.
Anniversary four, the same apartment door,
and two loving voices greet every day.

Some things never change as the clocks tick away
and the flowers grow high and then fall.
But when her hand is mine through the rain and the shine,
time simply slows to a crawl.

Her laugh a melody and her smile the remedy
for the woes I occasionally meet.
It is she who's my Venus, my complement and zenith,
without her I'm dust in the street.

The glow of her eyes is pastel in my mind
and their jewels set the crown on her head.
Crafted of bone and emerald and gold,
she's the goddess to whom I am wed.

No comments: