The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Monday, October 03, 2005

I'm not nothin' special

I had a frightening dream last nite. Jarom had become blind. I can't remember the circumstances behind the accident, but I was in despair, heartbroken over being unable to read him his stories anymore, unable to point out the stars and the beautiful things we love to look at together, unable to satisfy his incessant curiosities for the world around him, afraid at the difficulties that would come to him throughout the rest of his life, but all the while happy that I still had him with me.

Dreams are so cunning, they convince you that you are living an alternate reality, a quantum universe of different choices and experiences. My dreams are mostly bizarre, rarely happy, often dark and intimidating. Waking up is both refreshing and relieving. Dreams are quite amazing.

I wonder what I'm afraid of?

Audio: The Weight is a Gift|Nada Surf
Video: The Age of Innocence [1993|Martin Scorsese]
Text: new issue of Alternative Press

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i have dark dreams a lot too. lately i have the most vivid colorful and enigmatic dreams about stuff i never even think about, like riding a horse up a red clay highway in new mexico, or being on a bridge in san francisco during a hurricane and escaping to a nearby mel's restaurant...whatever. dreams are so weird and cool. i like your dream about jarom. it just shows how utterly engaged you are in the process of his growth and perceptions of life. you want to be sure he can sensually experience all the life that unfolds around him. or maybe it has to do with yourself, a little reminder to yourself to "keep your eyes open" or use all five senses (or six or seven) in encountering your world every day. that's cool you posted your dream. i am so interested in people's dreams, i think they are alternate realities that are actually "real" too, in their own way. by the way, i had nightmares about waitressing all night sunday and woke up to go back to work at 8 on monday. that's the worst. it's a sign of waitressing taking over my identity...agghhh!!!