The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Thursday, October 13, 2005

Roadside establishment

This morning I ate a luxurious breakfast of rice cake and ak-mak while sitting in my car aside Highway 50, near my old Shingle Springs, after my usually reliable car stopped responding to my foot. I haven't been in this situation in some time, so it feels a bit foreign. The sun is precariously set to my immediate upperleft, and it's not afraid to singe the hair at the back of my neck. Luckily we recently joined the Better World Club and they've sent a tow-truck savior on his way to lift me from my shoulder oppression. At least, he should arrive soon...

I've got my notebook and John, my new chum of an iPod, to occupy my thoughts and ears. Though I've got so much to do: my final draft of tonite's essay, edit a friend's essay, my Myanmar outline for an informative speech, Fay Force's computer woes, work, writing, meet Amy at noon to watch the kids while she sees the dentist (which may or may not happen now), and I'm sure my list of other tasks will skyrocket from the dank recesses of my memory in no time.

The hood of my car is upright. The engine should be cooling down. The good people at Julian's Automotive are my only hope. Just like Obi-Wan.

Audio: Blue Screen Life|Pinback
Video: still thinkin' 'bout Grave of the Fireflies
Text: the entire new issue of Rolling Stone, finished in one sitting late last nite

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so this happened today? what's going on with the car? you can always call me if you need help or a ride, altho i was at work today but not ALL day. i am so bummed i can't come to the party. the house looks so freaking cute i am dying. love, heather