The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Wednesday, September 07, 2005

El dia de los muertos

So I've decided that I may come crawling back to BYU, reluctantly of course (and true to my nature). It's just one of many decisions plaguing me these days. I know Amy approves, encourages, expects, etc., so I've sent in my application and am working on filling in the gaps to see if they even want me back in the first place. At the same time, I'm finalizing my CSUS application also, so that my decision may be even more difficult.

Stayed up late again last nite. Also, true to my nature. I feel like I'm backstabbing my inner self when I go to bed early. That's not the Matthew Beatty I know. The Matthew Beatty I know goes to bed around 1:00 AM, no earlier, and can survive peacefully on a mere 5 hours of sleep per nite, every nite. But age applies, and time drags on, and it bring me with it. Sometimes it drives fast and I am pulled behind it in the dust, bouncing over rocks and ground over the asphalt. And that's when I need the most sleep.

Time to order new contacts, so that my dry eyes can try to focus clearly on things like laptop screens. I guess eye surgery wouldn't be so bad, so long as it were successful. But I still stand by the conviction that I'd gladly lose one eye in place of one hand though.

Earful: Rebel, Sweetheart|The Wallflowers
Eyeful: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil [1997|Clint Eastwood]
Mindful: my Communications textbook

No comments: