The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Monday, September 12, 2005

Woman on the moon (The mooness)

I'm chased by a car with one light.
A full moon, branches hold upright
next to liquid backdrop night.

She smiles on me. I drive in peace,
fearless of grinning devil thieves
bearing down, following me.

Lost in my lane, they come aside
and interrupt my midnight ride,
dragging me softly outside.

The moon, her light brightens its glow
and blinds their eyes, while mine alone
are a witness to her show.

They fall, litter the grass and ground.
My ears muffled, the only sound
I hear is my heart's soft pound.

Her voice is meek, it speaks to me
in whispered tones like crashing sea
or ocean sunrise beauty.

"Fear not, I know your kindly ways.
You will find shelter in my rays,
guiding, lighting all your days.

Now speak not, hush, depart this place.
Once awake, these thieves may give chase.
Cloak your tracks and leave no trace.

I bid farewell, we'll meet again,
in times of need, you'll know me then.
Embrace my light as your friend."

Her radiance decreases quick,
concealed by clouds of night, as thick
as low fog or walls of brick.

My feet make haste and leave the scene,
senses aware and mind made keen
of angels watching on me.

And now my faith is placed up high.
It will remain until I die
and join the ones in the sky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello moon cowboy. I LOVE this one. It's amazing. Honestly. It's comforting just to read it. Beautiful, just beautiful. I'm astonished with your talent. Truly. Does writing come this easily to you? Because you make it seem so easy. It would take me days to write such stuff. Anyway...thanks for everything. Be proud of yourself. I'm surprised you're not getting a book published or something. Alright - see you later.

Joseph Beatty said...

I agree with anonymous. Anonymous astronomous. This is extremely good.

moonshinejunkyard said...

wow, you seem to be on sort of a sensual roll lately...this is beautiful, the moon loves love...

AdieSpringB said...

Wow and creep cold city! Beautiful imagery, metaphors, archetypes of us all. Very lovely and lovely and cool in a blew blue night.