The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The dangers of [noun]

It's been a busy and extending existence. I was able to guide down the lower South Fork American on Saturday. After two years, I'm not even rusty. It's as they say "like riding a bicycle," I picked it up again quickly and performed better than usual. I had forgotten what fun it can be to sail with the rapids and swim in the current. Except that I forgot to put sunscreen on my face, so my nose and forehead were lobster-burnt for days. A quick day, with a sweet tip and an even quicker ending; it was a worthy day of work. And after all my worrying, my right collarbone has appeared to not worsen, but improve! It was a river-wrought miracle.

Monday nite we played the traditional baseball game. Collarbone still holding up. I was able to hit a few winners, but with the new slick white oversized softball balls, my mitt seemed greased and a few popped out the top. Daylight fades so quickly these days, at first we were able to play until 9:15, now the sun's gone and twilight sinks before 8:30. We have only a few of these weeks left.

Then we watched A Very Long Engagement, beautiful film. The coloring was so unique, earthy tones, brown and golden orange and even somewhat washed out, but it didn't quite look old and didn't quite look modern. Fantastic story, superb acting. I would to speak French. I must add that to my yearly list of things to accomplish. After Spanish of course.

Audio: Fingers Cut Megamachine|Fingers Cut Megamachine
Video: Leon: The Professional [1994|Luc Besson]
Text: The Road to Los Angeles|John Fante

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mattie i loved this movie too, like her little room and her cats.