The death of a moon cowboy

I am a somewhat-youth with ideas and thoughts and too many dreams that sometimes overflow as these little dribblings from my fingertips. I guess you can try to collect and capture them.


Wednesday, August 17, 2005

This could be your next big thing

School was a fiasco last nite. My beautiful class was over-booked (40 students enrolled instead of 25), and I was #1 on the waitlist. I was forcibly asked to leave the premises. "But can I make a case for my staying?" "No, please leave!" So that was that. But I hung around afterwards, like in the movies, and talked to Dr. Knutson. Cracked some jokes, got buddy-buddy, and he said yes I may return on Thursday to see if the class has lessened up any, and he may possibly add me. That's nice.

So I was free earlier than expected, and Amy and I got to go see The Island in Folsom - which is the last place on earth that felt obliged to show it. It's strange that all the women in my family *loved* that movie. I enjoyed it, but felt this bit of distance creeping between my senses and the movie screen, which didn't help me to feel the same way about it as they do. Anyway, it was Michael Bay, so pretty typical to that, with a cool Logan's Run/The Matrix-esque storyline. The plot was the best part. And we all love Ewan and Scarlett, is it possible to not?

Audial: Let Me Come Home|Limbeck
Visual: The Island [2005|Michael Bay]
Textual: The Road to Los Angeles|John Fante

No comments: